Here was yesterday's project:
Here's the recipe for you to enjoy!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Add in egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- *Optional step: Chill dough for 1/2-1 hour. (It can make a big difference in the cookies)
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.
This afternoon I started prepping goodies for this weekend's activities. I made this homemade icing, which will go on top of dark chocolate cupcakes.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs. strong brewed coffee, cooled
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter till smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 Tbs. coffee.
- Mix again until well blended.
- Gradually add more coffee, by the teaspoon until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.