Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Craft and Date Night

Keith, Matt--my apologies in advance. Megan, Shannon--this is a great low-key date night activity. Enjoy!

As you may or may not know, I haven't been feeling very well. I was fighting a cold for well over a week before it developed into a ridiculous cough. I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Thursday, who told me that I needed to go home and get lots of rest. He also gave me three prescriptions, which the  pharmacist referred to as the "big guns." Anyway, I took it easy on Thursday and Friday, but Friday was our weekly "date night." We made a few adjustments and had a fabulous evening. And thank you--I'm feeling much better!

We started with a fabulous dinner made by Brad. Dinner was sole with a pesto cream sauce over rice, with asparagus and a french roll. 


Followed by our Christmas craft: a gingerbread house. 


 Brad played architect...







 The finished product:




So, it's highly unlikely that we will become famous artists, but we had fun. And that's what date nights are all about. 

We finished up the evening with a movie on the couch. We've got an exciting Saturday in the works! Catch ya later with more on our weekend festivities.

Blessings,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment