Friday, November 11, 2011

Date...afternoon?

Next week, Brad and I will have been married for five months. Let's face it--we already act like an old married couple. In bed by 9PM on a Friday? That's us! Antiques Roadshow on Monday nights? You betcha. But dinner at 4PM? We're officially old.

This week was absolutely crazy. On Monday night we went to a memorial service to celebrate the life of one of Brad's acquaintances. Tuesday night Brad was lucky enough to spend the night at my parent's house while he was out and about for work. Wednesday night I teach a Zumba class, and Thursday night we both had separate work events later in the evening. We were determined to squeeze a date in there somewhere--so dinner at 4PM it was!

We made a trip back to White Orchid. (You can read about our first trip here.) We decided to go there because it was restaurant week at the Promenade Shops, and all of the restaurants were offering special menus. When we go there, we decided to order from the regular menu anyway.  Oh well.

We started with colossal prawns (which I mentioned last time but failed to take a picture of). This time I was more successful!


There are only three shrimp on that plate--that's how colossal they really are!

Brad enjoyed some coconut soup and some Pad Thai, and I had the special--tropical fried rice. It had chicken, shrimp and mango--delicious! I meant to take a picture of it before I ate it...and then again before I ate the leftovers for lunch. Oops! I guess we'll just have to go back there again!


We had a few minutes to walk around the shops before going our separate ways. We both made it hope in time to enjoy the new episode of Bones before calling it a night. We've got some fun stuff planned for this weekend, including catching up with some great friends.

Until next time,
Nikki


Don't forget to thank a veteran on this special day! Happy 11/11/11...and happy anniversary Kathy and Jeff! Can you believe that this was five years ago? Here's to many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet!!! I just saw this!!! I love you!! I can't believe it has been 5 years. I am so glad you were there to celebrate our special day:)

    ReplyDelete