Friday, March 23, 2012

Trip to Nashville

Brad was very lucky to be able to have the chance to attend a conference in Orlando for most of this past week. Since he was going to be away, I figured that this was the perfect opportunity to head on down to Nashville to visit the Cain Family.

After a very early trip to the airport on Saturday morning (thanks, Brad!) I landed in Nashville just after 9:00 a.m. Kathy picked me up at the airport, and we were off! We headed back to the house, where this little cutie was waiting:




We made plans for the afternoon that included lunch and a trip to the playground (and later, a nap):




Saturday night was girl's night, and Kathy and I headed to a local winery with some of her friends. The girls did a fabulous job packing a delicious dinner, and we enjoyed food, wine, and great conversation.


Sunday included a trip to church, followed by my first ever visit to Costco. We had lunch at the house (Lydia was asking for capers, so we had chicken with a caper cream sauce. It was fantastic!). While Lydia napped, Kathy and I headed out to do some shopping. The goal: a hat and sunglasses for Lydia.

 Success? I think so!



Sunday evening included dinner and a trip to Menchies (if you live near one of these, I'm jealous). We finished up the evening with a movie before heading to bed.

Monday morning included a trip to the Nashville Zoo. You have to check out these pictures!









I had an absolutely phenomenal time with the Cain Family (although right now I am realizing that I don't have any pictures of Jeff--sorry Jeff!). We had the chance to catch up and spend quality time together. Lydia is one of the smartest children I have ever met (seriously, she's brilliant!). She can speak very well for only being almost two years old--Lydia was asking her mom for quinoa, and knows that the man on TV who does the weather is a meteorologist. She can spell her name, recognize letter, and count in Spanish. Can you tell that I'm a proud aunt? :)

I'll fill you in on the rest of the week later!

Blessings,
-Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment